Hi all, I hope that you had a great Christmas break and were able to enjoy the festive season! I was lucky enough to spend my holidays with my family and friends in my native Poland. I haven’t spent Christmas at home for around eight years so I thought it was about time to change that!
My wife and I had a lovely time visiting friends, teachers and family as well as browsing through the festive markets in my home city of Krakow.
All of these treats made me feel great, but at the same time made me crave training!It’s funny how a two week break can make me realise how much working out means to me. From January I will be embarking on a new training programme, adding a few new workouts and equipment. The main additions will be Kettlebells, swimming and running.
This is a part of my personal plan. With respect to our club, we will continue to follow our development programme and will be taking part in more events this year. We are hoping to find our own facility this year so that we can create a dedicated space for practicing martial arts and to support personal training. If we succeed in this goal we will be expanding our classes from training for children to posture correction. With this in mind I will be studying for personal training qualifications at the start of year.
I hope to see some of you at our classes and events in the U.K. and abroad. You can now enjoy our new website (www.shinaidokarate.com) which includes live feeds from this blog and our Facebook group and also provides a link to our YouTube channel. I hope that you will find this website useful for getting information about our club and events. The following events have already been planned for 2015:
- 10th of January – Annual Wrestling seminar with Marek Niemiec
- 28th of March – Annual Jukado Kempo seminar with Marek Mroszczyk (to be confirmed)
- 10th to 12th of April – International Shorinji Kempo seminar, Poland
- 26th of April – Pembrokeshire Open tournament (to be confirmed)
- 8th to 12th of August – Summer camp, Poland
- 24th to 25th of October – Weekend of Budo and Krav Maga at International Budo Academy (UK Chamber)
- November – Shin Ai Do seminar and Grading in Karate and MMA (to be confirmed)
Hope you will enjoy our events and to see you on the mats!